Better proxy removal tools

My school finally blocked repl.co because it’s a “proxy,” and they sadly have good reason. Thousands and thousands of proxies are being hosted on Replit. A quick search for “replit proxy” has tons of results. I think some sort of tool to delete every repl that was forked from a proxy, as well as the original proxy, is really needed at this point, as well as seeking them out. This is ruining chances to learn and experiment with code, which could lead to careers in tech, and I can’t try to get it unblocked because they’re technically right.

6 Likes

Alternatively, you can use https://firewalledreplit.com as proxies don’t work in there. We’re working on some mass-deletion tools and already are stopping imports and the spread of proxies.

8 Likes

For my school they block repl.co but not replit.com, so all hosted websites are blocked but not main replit.

2 Likes

ooooooo i forgot about firewalled replit, and its good to hear that deletion stuff is in the works

3 Likes

hahaha they blocked firewalled replit because they say its a proxy, i actually hate people

1 Like

maybe you could contact your school and make them block repl.co instead of replit.com, as my school did, so you still have replit but there are no proxies that work.

1 Like

sadly it doesn’t work like that (usually)

1 Like