Badges for solutions

Discourse solved have built-in badges for reaching 1, 10, 50 and 150 solutions. I think we should enable them to reward people that have helped many people and have gotten many of their replies marked as a solution. And we don’t need SQL queries to access them, we just need to enable Enable badge.

And if possible I’m fine with only enabling the ones for 1, 10 and 50 solutions since I would be the only one with 150 as of now with 2nd place being almost 70 away

8 Likes

Solutions are hard to get… a lot of the time people do not mark them.

3 Likes

Do you mean solutions, not suggestions?

3 Likes

If there is an acknowledged solution that has not been marked, feel free to message me, as a TL4 I can mark replies as the solution when appropriate.

5 Likes

I’ve seen the badges and I think we should add them, they look very cool!

4 Likes

I think this would be a very cool addition!

2 Likes

This would be helpful and encourage people to solve problems. (I have the Solved! badge on discourse meta.)

4 Likes

I think this would be a great idea! Although if there is an option, make it so self-solutions don’t count, or someone could farm them.

5 Likes

That may already be a plugin. I will check and report back

3 Likes

Yes this is already in the plugin the query used.

AND p.user_id <> t.user_id -- ignore topics solved by OP
3 Likes

Cool! So when will it be enabled.

An admin needs to agree then enable the setting.

1 Like

Thanks for this suggestion @not-ethan , it’s an excellent idea. I’ve enabled the badges and some users should find they already have them awarded!

9 Likes

I see the badges, although they are only being awarded for new solutions after you turned the badge on. Is there a way to grant people badges for their past efforts or is this intended.

1 Like

Yes we alreday see that. I have asked on meta if there is a way to force a recalc for the badges

3 Likes

@IanAtCSTeach manuly awarded the badges. Please tell us if they are given again due to a bug

5 Likes

are there any other criteria? I don’t have any self-solutions. I don’t have the 50 solutions badge.

2 Likes

No. Try waiting 24 hours for the query to run and see what happens

5 Likes

According to the script you have 49 solutions. One more to go!

4 Likes

I see some users with the badge who have only solved their own topics…

3 Likes