Async replit-bot

@not-ethan said that mods aren’t allowed to add manual trending posts :frowning: but I hope we can keep it up long enough for it to make cover page :crossed_fingers::crossed_fingers:

1 Like

Bruh, how do you write so much code in so little time? Also, are the docs out for these new async libs?

2 Likes

I’m the one who’s been creating that :frowning:
HOW COULD U CONFUSE ME W/ @9pfs1 :(((((((
/j (I’m not hurt if it wasn’t obvs)

1 Like

I shall do my duty and like. this is good quality

pain dedication

I just sleep less yk

EDIT: it does

Now I just need to try this wonderful creation of yours. And Ray said it’s okay so I can try a little bot without getting in trouble.

1 Like

yay! I really want others to try it

1 Like

hopefully you make it soon, I wanna see what you make

1 Like

BTW if you wanted to make a bot like @anon40284853 or @JayAySeaOhBee14 I made official docs

1 Like

Sadly I can’t make a Repl that’s always on so a bot would be limited. Unless I used a spare computer. I doubt a bot doing text-based stuff would take much data.

1 Like

Wow! Very nice site for those docs and a custom domain too!

2 Likes

Thank you! @dragonhunter1 helped me

2 Likes

yeah sorry about that :frowning: I checked and with always on, my repl takes up 0.4 GiB rn

2 Likes

Hey! Are you saying there wern’t any before? =P

4 Likes

basically run bot.run() at the bottom

2 Likes

So, I feel kinda dumb asking this but what does the new update actually do?

1 Like

Adds asyncio functionality. Can make it more effectent.

But what does that mean?

As dragonhunter said, efficency. It (maybe, I’m not sure) probably burns less egress now if I had to guess, and might respond faster.

If @bigminiboss did use my caching system and the event system is concurrent, then it will send less requests and be more fast and efficient.