Assistance Required with Hidden `.replit` File in Replit IDE

Dear Replit Support Team,

I hope this message finds you well. I am writing to seek assistance with an issue I am experiencing in the Replit IDE regarding the .replit file in my project.

I understand that the .replit file is typically visible in the root directory of any project, and it is essential for configuring the execution settings of the project. However, in my case, even after enabling the “Show Hidden Files” option, the .replit file remains invisible. This is particularly puzzling because when I attempt to create a new .replit file, I encounter an error message stating that the file already exists. This indicates that the file is present but hidden in a way that is not accessible through the usual means.

This situation has caused a significant hindrance to my project’s progress, as I am unable to configure the run settings for my Java files. I followed the guidance from your AI chatbot, which suggested reaching out for support in cases where hidden files are not accessible.

Could you please provide guidance or a solution to reveal and access the hidden .replit file within the IDE? Any assistance in resolving this matter would be greatly appreciated, as it is critical for the continuation of my work on the platform.

Thank you for your time and support. I look forward to your prompt response.

Best regards,

Awet

Hey @AwetHagos1 welcome to the forums!

Can you provide screenshots or a video showcasing this problem (I have not encountered this problem so this would help me understand the problem better)?

1 Like

If you have deleted the .replit file, you can restore it by creating a file and naming .replit.

Try typing ls -a in the Shell to see what files exist.

2 Likes

Creating a new .replit file won’t help, as one already exists. I would just put ls -a in the shell to view all existing files instead.

1 Like