Are you a Minor or Adult Program

I have made a program that tells whether you are a minor or adult
Here is the link

2 Likes

Language: Made with QBasic

2 Likes

Looks cool!

Is QBasic different from Basic? If so, I’ve never heard of it. However, at least in the U.S., it’s easy to tell: <18 is minor and >=18 is adult.

2 Likes

Well you mean 0<18 …

PRINT "This program find whether you are MINOR or ADULT"
CLS
M$ = "Minor" : A$ = "Adult"
PRINT "Enter your age"
INPUT age
IF age < 18 THEN
	PRINT M$
ELSE
	PRINT A$
END IF
END

Why do you print a title just to clear it?

To be honest he/she/they/… is/are posting lot of basic stuff almost as if to racket stats for the leader-board … another obsessed competitive like @anon40284853 …??

I think so. They didn’t really follow the guidelines of #general:showcase XD. And not to be rude, but this IS just a basic QBasic program (I don’t know any Basic or QBasic so I might be wrong here).

1 Like

There was basic, then they made quick basic to simplify things, then they made Qbasic to make a simplified simplified basic …

This is why Python is better: one line.

print("Minor" if int(input("This program find whether you are MINOR or ADULT\nEnter your age\n")) < 18 else "Adult")
1 Like

Remember age 0 or negative … not a minor but a ghost.

3 Likes

Was basic supposed to be simple to start?

Can you use elif in this as well? (I was always curious how these were done)

No. You could put if/else statements inside the else statement though IIRC. I know you can for lambda. It’s really cool to see an entire program in one line with lambda. @Totovim can do that.

basic was simple, but i guess for some not so simple :slight_smile:

Interesting. It works.

It turns the string into a number and no is more than 18

1 Like

Apparently inputting any string will say you’re an adult :stuck_out_tongue:

2 Likes

How to break it:

Type your age with letters ie. Thirteen
Then it breaks it lol. You are saying you are thirteen yet it calls you an adult because of the weird string thing.

3 Likes

all ascii numbers in most low-level programming languages are converted to integers see ascii chart

1 Like