Are these my last ever votes?

The following popup shows up after I vote a feature request:

Is there a way to increase this number? What happens when I reach 0? I’ll never be able to vote on these forums again?

1 Like

I believe you get your votes back when the post you voted for is marked as solved.

1 Like

No they are not. Just like edits likes and flags you only get so many per 24 hours (it’s a rolling period). You don’t get that many votes compared to others. By default each TL gets 2 more than the previous and it starts at 2. So by default you would get 8 unless it’s changed by an admin.

And it does not matter if a post is marked as a solution the topic closed or anything just time.

1 Like

I’m really sorry to bother but as a “basic user” I couldn’t help but notice that I receive a total of 10 votes each rolling period

Well, admins are able to change it. And a rolling period is not a flat x to y time. If I spend all my votes (ignore that mods are not limited) at 23:42. Then I would need to wait until 23:43 the next day to be able to vote again.

oh yeah but it shows me every rolling period “you have 10 votes left” I’m just wondering who changed it XD

1 Like

My guess is Bardia since they set up the plugin.

oh ok, I’m sorry to bother :stuck_out_tongue:

I don’t think this is a rolling period thing, we’ve just got a certain number permanently and when we use them, we have to wait for the past to be marked as solved or just remove our vote to get our vote back.

1 Like

Taking a look at the topic about the plugin and I was wrong and you were very close.

• If the topic is closed or archived, the votes are released to the users and can be applied to other topics but the vote count on the topic remains.

From Discourse Topic Voting

So it’s not a rolling period like everything else but when its closed or archived. (Also we never archive topics only close)

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.