Anyone know how to

anyone know how to connect a discord bot to a Minecraft server with mineflayer and node.js I’m trying to do this with my bot but idk how to

1 Like

Import them both I guess? I am not that good with Node XD

Hello there. To connect a Discord bot to a Minecraft server with Mineflayer and Node.js, you can follow these general steps:

1. Install the Mineflayer package by running the following command in your Node.js project directory:
npm install mineflayer
  1. Create a new Mineflayer client instance and connect to your Minecraft server:
const mineflayer = require('mineflayer');

const bot = mineflayer.createBot({
  host: '<your_server_ip>',
  port: '<your_server_port>',
  username: '<your_bot_username>',
  version: '1.16.4'
});

Replace <your_server_ip> and <your_server_port> with your Minecraft server’s IP address and port number. Replace <your_bot_username> with the username you want to use for your bot.
3. Add event listeners to your Mineflayer client to listen for various events, such as when the bot has successfully logged in to the server:

bot.on('login', () => {
  console.log('Bot has logged in to the server!');
});
  1. Install the Discord.js package by running the following command in your Node.js project directory:
npm install discord.js
  1. Create a new Discord bot and get its token. You can follow the Discord.js guide on how to create a bot and get its token: Setting up a bot application | discord.js Guide
  2. Create a new Discord.js client instance and connect it to your Discord bot’s token:
const Discord = require('discord.js');

const client = new Discord.Client();
client.login('<your_bot_token>');

Replace <your_bot_token> with your Discord bot’s token.
7. Add event listeners to your Discord.js client to listen for various events, such as when the bot has successfully logged in to Discord:

client.on('ready', () => {
  console.log('Discord bot has logged in!');
});
  1. Add message event listener to your Discord.js client to listen for commands and perform actions in the Minecraft server:
client.on('message', message => {
  if (message.content === '!move') {
    bot.setControlState('forward', true);
  }
});

Replace !move with the command you want your bot to listen for. Replace bot.setControlState('forward', true); with the action you want your bot to perform in the Minecraft server when the command is received.

That’s it! You can now run your Node.js program and your bot should be connected to both the Minecraft server and Discord. You can expand on this basic setup to add more functionality and features to your bot.

3 Likes

will this also work as a live chat in discord? also would I have to put it into one file and how would I add commands for discord and Minecraft also when I tried to put it into one file it didn’t work