Announcing the Pro plan: The most powerful development experience on Replit

Well, mongodb free tier has limitations. I have deployed commercially mongo few times as I love NoSQL, but normally one own servers.

We’re working on more flexible pricing for the Postgres DB.

3 Likes

In addition, the service Replit uses (Neon) seems to be a fully free service right now so unless Replit has a partnership with them for better quality databases, they are charging $30 a month simply for convenience

3 Likes

I prefer paying in cycles :slight_smile:

1 Like

I am just now noticing the pro badge! It looks sick, confused at first because i forgot about pro :laughing:

Edit: What is the “Pythonista” badge

2 Likes

This thread explains it

Just gonna say this quickly, I think that Pro overall is fine, the main thing making me hesitant to buy it is that I personally have no use for the AI tools, but the always on power ups were what the main selling point for me would have been, maybe it would be better to have a plan where there’s more (even one or two more) always on boosts but no AI tools.

5 Likes

What if there was a customizable plan?

IE:
Custom Plan
Current plan:
$6

• 5 GB $3
  • v4CPU $3
    Add to plan:
    • Add Ghostwriter $8
    • Add “Hacker” Badge $3
5 Likes

I rarely see companies do that, if any of them do at all.

Either they’ve never thought about it, or there’s a reason they don’t because having a completely custom subscription plan is like a dream come true for lots of people.

2 Likes

The reason they don’t do that is (probably) because at that point how is it any different from cycles?

2 Likes

I definitely prefer paying a set subscription fee over using cycles. I could see using cycles for a temporary boost but otherwise I don’t want to mess with them. The thing that is most important to me is having multiple Always On Repls. I think the bundle with Ghostwriter is a good idea and if it had several included Always On Repls I would probably subscribe to it. Really what I would like to see is a plan that has 5 always on Repls like we used to get with Hacker and Private Repls, i’m open to additional features but those are what I have to have.

4 Likes

Ads on free repls will be a nightmare to deal with. Please don’t give that idea to them thank you

4 Likes

No please. No ADS.
I am happy to be pro subscriber but i can imagine my kid asking to give him a pro (or steal my pro) subscription if he sees ads on his free account. This would turn into a family fight !!! :slight_smile:

6 Likes

Ads would also break all non-HTML content in repls (and would be unethical)

5 Likes

Yeah, ads would be terrible toffree users espicaly if there are just using replit for home programming projects

I mean, maybe dev ads like the ones seen on readthedocs…

Yeah. Ads on for free users would be aa terrible idea especialy if they are just using Replit for home projects

I prefer ads over deployments (such a a banner at the top of home page, that’s all)

2 Likes

does anyone really need the pro plan? You could just get cycles .

1 Like

Or no plan at all???