An announcement

I’m leaving Replit. I’ve been here for 2 (maybe 3) years, but I am leaving because the only reason I actually enjoyed programming is the people I worked with.

I’d like to thank anyone who has ever commented on my projects, who has talked to me, and who has made me feel welcome. You have turned my life around.

goodbye

12 Likes

Where are you moving to?

4 Likes

Oh man. It’s sad to see you go. I hope you find the platform your moving to a lot better, and have a good time!

9 Likes

I’m kind of following Drop (@EnZon3 IDE) as it is being developed, when it comes out, I’ll check it out! For now, I’m just developing locally. You can always find me on dev.to if you want to talk, though!

I doubt anything will replace Replit, but I’ll find something. I’m sure I will.

4 Likes

You will be missed by a lot of people i hope it works out for you!

1 Like

Lol, thank you btw. It’s not really an IDE, moreso a place to share your projects replit community-style. Maybe in the near future I’ll add a static hosting product but as of now, it’s out of my skill range.

P.S. It’s also called Drop not Dash :laughing:

4 Likes

There’s also a whole team developing Libit. Drop’s a cool idea though.

I agree, so we’re having to integrate platforms with other platforms to get the same functionality.

5 Likes

Thank you all for the replies, I may stay on Ask because it is like StackOverflow but I actually get responded to.

5 Likes

NOOOOO! I would love to see your projects in the future. Where are you going to be posting your projects?

1 Like