All published Repls are dead

Why are all repls down right now? I understand that coding websites are gone, (unless you pay) but why are python, pygames, etc not turning on when published? This is unfair and if this is an accident, please fix it soon.

1 Like

That’s part of the social features change, you can’t run them from cover page now.

It’s not.

4 Likes

opps why did I put replit-editor? :sweat_smile:

1 Like

you are wrong, the only reason people like coding on replit is that you get to send your hard worked codes to the community. Just like Scratch. People want to see if their repls will get liked by people in the community. These are the reasons why you lose tons of people each day. Replit is no fun now. It’s just like all other coding platforms now.

1 Like

@Firepup650 never said you were wrong he was just saying the changes to the Repls that Replit made effect all Repls.

2 Likes

okay, srry i thought he was saying that is is fair

2 Likes

It’s called a monopoly; since everyone thinks Replit is the best, they slowly take away as many features as they can while still being the best product. They take away features because they cost them money. The goal is to still be the leading option but gain as much money as possible and lose as little as possible. Because now they are about the same as other coding platforms, but they’re still the best out of all of them.

3 Likes

Yeah he meant that it’s not a mistake, as I explained why above

3 Likes

Bruh, trying to win monopoly and get money with no other people or players around. How do you win that game? By playing by yourself?

1 Like

I’m talking about the word not the game. I’ve never played Monopoly so I can’t tell if you’re using an analogy

2 Likes

oh, okay. What i’m trying to say is that you can’t earn money if you have no one on the coding platform.

2 Likes

But they don’t have no one. Most of us are still on Replit despite the changes (I’ve only seen the other console devs like Notdartfrog and MarroneLFOfficial leave so far). Replit is still a powerful IDE; their new changes are just super disappointing, but it just had to be done. Even if they were able to support paying for hosting, think about if you owned Replit, like for real. If it’s a really good platform that has potential to make you rich, are you gonna do it? If this is your chance to make a milli, would you make a little less than half of your platform paid? As someone who is starting many businesses, it’s what you have to do

2 Likes

My whole school (251 basic coders) left. A lot of other coders in team are gone to.

2 Likes

Friendly reminder that most of Ask doesn’t work at Replit.

Those that do will have Replit Staff next to their name.

4 Likes

Ohh, that’s interesting, why are they even on Ask if they aren’t on replit?

1 Like

@Firepup650 Said that most people on ask are not replit employees, but they are still on replit.

5 Likes

Sadly I got tired of the new update and gave up on Replit all together… a website that I have used for years and told tons of people to use it… now I wont waste my time any longer with this … I have created my own server and hosting my own stuff… Truly sad…

1 Like

I don’t think this is a realistic thesis for a few reasons. First of all, your programming class or whatever it is most likely does not contain 251 kids. Secondly, you have made a lot of comments earlier in the thread mistakenly which have been corrected.

1 Like

Well, he’s banned anyway so it’s not like you’re gonna get a response

Oh, I guess it’s actually that there are 251 students that know how to code, not necessarily in a class. Which is even more unrealistic. If it were a class then it might make more sense

especially with the generative AI features I feel like more coding classes would have switched to other IDEs by now also

1 Like