Add Email to Links

I would like the option to add emails to your GitHub profile’s links, this would add another way of communication and way of reaching our for people willing to add their email or dev email.

Where:

6 Likes

I mean they added discord which is what most people use, but I see this being important too XD

4 Likes

Email is also a better way to get your info stolen, like real name, phone number from accidentally using the wrong signature, etc.

2 Likes

Use your bug wnIl like earthrullerr@gmail.com isn’t my personal email it’s just for this and other alike

2 Likes

You can change your Website URL to mailto:emailhere, Replace emailhere with your email address.

3 Likes

But I also have my website which is needed.

1 Like

Then link it in the description.

1 Like

Or create a link in your website. Best of both worlds (I hope).

<a href="mailto:name@example.com?subject=You can define your email subject"
   title="This is the text that appears when you hover over the link">This is the text that you see on the page.</a>

Demo:
This is the text that you see on the page.

3 Likes

I have an extension where users can set their email addresses and other info. But Replit should implement this.

1 Like

I hope it can get added soon!

1 Like

Is it a Chrome extension? I would like to download it.

2 Likes

It is in development

2 Likes

It’s not published on the Chrome webstore yet, but you can load it from source: GitHub - lafkpages/XL-Replit: Extra features for the Replit website.

It says in the README what features it has. It has more than the emails though.

Custom tips? This seems awesome :slight_smile:

1 Like

Cool!

edit: @EarthRulerr didnt know you had unreal engine lol
ebic gams

2 Likes

Havnt used it in a while but it exists on my laptop :slight_smile: I likely won’t use it so it’s really just there to show I have past experience with it

The custom tip feature isnt showing up for me.

Also, what is this?

1 Like

userid
its fine if other people see it

1 Like

for custom tips you must enter your sid into the extension

1 Like

I suspected that but just wanted to make sure :slight_smile:

Yeah I saw that I needed to do that but where do I do that? On the GitHub i see remanence of a popup.

2 Likes