Add a development mode for repls

Describe your feature request
I would like to have a feature that has a development mode for repls.
What problem(s) would this feature solve?
If I have a website and I want to add more features, I would like to do this without breaking the website.
Explain what you were trying to do when you came across the problem leading to this feature request

trying to add a feature

2 Likes

Great idea, but this is a work in progress feature currently with Deployments. It’s in beta for some people. I have it and it is great!

2 Likes

Awesome! (private screenshot maybe :smiley:

1 Like

So before I learned about Replit I used Google sites for something (free web hosting was why), and it had a feature where you could edit the site but changes wouldn’t be published automatically (so that you could mess up what you’re doing without messing up what others see). I hadn’t thought about that, but I agree that this should be a feature in Replit. It would also make it easier to revert to the last working state of the site (just go back to whatever the public is seeing). Right now, I just have to have a “beta” site and copy/paste code (it starts out as a fork but after that I must copy/paste). This feature request has my vote.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.