Add a built-in Bounty Chat

Describe your feature request
I would like a chat feature on the discussion page of bounties. It’s not great having to use a 3rd party service.

What problem(s) would this feature solve?

Using 3rd party services. It’s not a good experience having to use an external service for multiple reasons. The main reasons would be privacy or inability to access the 2 services offered. It would also just improve the experience and be so much better for users having everything related to the bounty all in one place. I know that Replit has a repl chat and some sort of thread chat. Wouldn’t you be able to add a new one for bounties? Of course, you can still keep email and discord as options. But it’d be great having the default to be Replit.

8 Likes

I think the Replit chat should always be an opption. Some people like my self like keeping our real emails as private as possible and would rather go over discord or preferably a chat with in Replit

4 Likes

yeah replit chat is better :]

1 Like

Quick update from the Replit team: this is what we’re focusing on for now for Bounties:

• template-based bounty posting flow
  • email reminders
  • enabling the poster to update their bounty

We’re going to revisit a Bounties chat in the new year!

3 Likes

Could you elaborate on what this is a little? I’m curious!

2 Likes

@DillonB07 Probably templates for posting bounties, so like pre-written text or something.

2 Likes

what would this provide over a replit ask private message? You sign into here with replit and I’m assuming any network restrictions are the same as on replit

2 Likes

That was suggested in another request.

1 Like

Honestly, just ease of use. Surely it’s better being on the bounty page itself than via a 3rd party service?

I’m classing Ask as 3rd party as it’s not on the main Replit site and doesn’t really integrate with it.

3 Likes

Plus Ask is Discourse so it’s third party even if you ignored that it’s not on the main site.

2 Likes

Good news, this is in progress.

5 Likes

Woooo! That’s great to hear! :smile:

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.

Bounties Chat is now available to all users! Let us know if you have any feedback!

7 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.