Accidentally set a repl to private, it automatically made me pay 500 cycles

I hovered on the ‘public’ text under one of my repls and it showed the button saying ‘public’. Curious, I clicked on it, and it switched to ‘private’. Seeing as it did not prompt me to pay with cycles, I assumed they’d made the feature free, however when I checked my cycles I had 500 less and it said in the transaction history that I had paid for unlimited private repls. Are you kidding me? I had enough to keep my repl online for a year, and now I barely even have enough for 2 or 3 months.

1 Like

The lack of prompt to confirm your purchase is definitely not good, but this is strange since I do believe that there is a confirmation prompt, and also there’s the fact that private Repls cost 150 cycles a month (unless they’ve suddenly changed it), 500 cycles disappearing sounds more like a tip (maybe accidental?) to me, but I don’t know.

2 Likes

It was a payment for unlimited private repls, which costs 500.

4 Likes

I just double checked the price, it was 150 cycles the last time I checked, it seems they’ve increased it (quite dramatically to be honest) which I wasn’t aware of.

1 Like

Many of Replit’s new features that cost cycles don’t have a confirmation prompt. This is a very important feature that would be fairly easy to implement. I don’t know why Replit hasn’t added it especially for things that cost money.

I suggest you make a feature request citing this post as a reason why Replit needs confirmation popups for every cycles purchase.

1 Like

I’ve created one. Confirmation for paid features

2 Likes

Thanks for the feedback, I’ll send this as feedback to the team. I’ve also refunded your 500 Cycles.

Sorry for the confusion!

1 Like

how to get TL4 lol :sob: cries in warned

1 Like

I see there was a promotion over the weekend :slight_smile: They Probably were hand picked for their contributions to the community.

——————————————————
earthrulerr | Software && Web
earthrulerr@gmail.com
earthrulerr.is-a.dev

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.