Accidental Deletion of Folder in Repl

I accidentally deleted a folder in my Repl and I lost all the files in it I’m going to cry I’ve looked at other forum posts and they all suggest that you just remake the folder and the files with the same names and then go to file history, but that didn’t work for me. I really don’t know what else to do here.

Sorry if you had already tried this but did you also revert back any steps in the history of the files after you recreated them?

if you just re-create the file it will be blank at first.

If you click on history, there should be previous steps

Then you can step back to where you want and your code should reappear.

3 Likes

Alas, it says that the file has no history

1 Like

Are you sure that this file you are trying to restore is in the folder?

The folder itself, containing a few different files, was what was deleted. I recreated the folder, and the items in it - they should all have the same names as the original files. Is there something else I should have done?

Everything seems correct… I don’t know what’s wrong.
Are you using Git by any chance?

No, just replit. It might be unhappy because it’s an auto-reload file? Because I was working on a web page

1 Like

Ah, well. Thank you for replying!! I’ll see if there’s anything else I can do :')

EDIT: OH THANK GOD. I MOVED THE FILES OUT OF THE FOLDER AND THEN IT LET ME ACCESS THE HISTORY. THEY WERE IN THE FOLDER WHEN THEY WERE DELETED, BUT I GUESS REPLIT JUST DIDN’T LIKE THE NEW FOLDER. MISSION SUCCESS!!!

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.