Ability to Fork Replit Themes

Describe your feature request
I would like the ability to fork a Replit custom theme like you can a Repl.
What problem(s) would this feature solve?
This would allow further customization of Replit themes. This way, people could build off of each other’s ideas easily instead of having to manually screenshot and extract color values.
Explain what you were trying to do when you came across the problem leading to this feature request
There was a theme I kind of liked but some things were hard to read with the theme. Naturally, I wanted my own tweaked copy. I then discovered that it isn’t possible to fork Replit themes even though you can fork Repls. So I would have to screenshot usage of the theme and use a color picker to find the values in order to make my own copy. Too much work.

@JayAySeaOhBee14: I, for instance, have a theme I love the look of, but the buttons are pink (eww)! I obviously want to change it, but not only can I not even see the hex codes they used, but I would also have to manually type the whole thing myself. So forking it and simply changing the button color would be a HUGE timesaver!
@9pfs1: People shouldn’t have to abuse graphql to see theme colors, there should be a way to view data about themes using the UI.

5 Likes

I was literally just about to make this XD

2 Likes

Can you make this a wiki pls?

2 Likes

i havent even thought of this until i saw this

2 Likes

I made it a wiki. Use wisely.

2 Likes

I’ve been waiting for someone to comment about this

And obviously a theme “fork” would give credit to the original creator just like Repl forking

3 Likes

Awesome! Thank you! I just wanted to add some stuff.

3 Likes

Will this be added anytime soon?