Ability to erase some of the file history but keep the other

Describe your feature request
A feature that lets you erase part of the file history that you want to be gone but without destroying everything else in the file history.

What problem(s) would this feature solve?
It would not solve much problems but it would probably give people more control over their Repls. The editor doesn’t feel right knowing that you can’t erase some parts of the code completely, which personally makes it slightly uncomfortable to work in the editor.

Explain what you were trying to do when you came across the problem leading to this feature request
Me and my friends were working on a project and after that I accidentally added one of my silly friends, and they wrote terrible things in that repl. I know that history wont affect repl at all but when I am going to show timelapse to someone, they might see the amount of sillyness.

(Screenshot of silliness in the history)

Replit Profile: https://replit.com/@IiTossiI

1 Like

um lol ok maybe just not write that in the first place

1 Like

They say they didn’t, that they invited someone else by mistake who added it.

2 Likes

not sure if this helps a lot but you can fork the repl and the history goes away

Then you can refer back to the old repl to get any changes you need and be on your way :slight_smile:

1 Like

I like this, as it also has a potential to make the repl editing page a LOT faster.

1 Like

I understand that it might be a bit difficult to implement an entire seperate UI to manage file versions but still I think it would be enough to add a simple option where you can turn on or turn off the history in the settings.

2 Likes