Ability to edit thread comments after posting?

Describe your feature request

Please allow me to edit comments after posting

What problem(s) would this feature solve?

I made a spelling mistake, or messed up md syntax - I want to fix it! At the moment the only possible solution is to resolve the entire thread and do it again which seems very silly.

Explain what you were trying to do when you came across the problem leading to this feature request

See above.

2 Likes

This already exists. Press the “…” button on your comment then edit.

2 Likes

Are you refering to the forum or replit itself? i thnk the person is refering to replit itself.

2 Likes

This is not possible always …

Replit itself. It was tagged as feature request , so I assumed main site. If he’s talking about the forums, press the pencil button.

3 Likes

Pretty sure they’re talking about threads inside the editor since he said he’d have to “resolve the entire thread” or something.

1 Like

Apologies for lack of clarification - I assumed tagging the thread as Teams would make it clear.

I’m talking about Team repls - specifically replit Edu. There’s no way to edit a comment after posting.

Here I used the wrong markdown syntax for bold - I want to correct it - but there’s no feature to edit.

3 Likes

Sorry, I’ve added the #replit-teams tag back on. We all thought you meant comments on Repls. You’re talking about the chat.

3 Likes

You added the themes flag… :man_facepalming:

3 Likes

:person_facepalming:
lmao I went to sleep when you said that.

Wait, what? Why did you go to sleep then? :eyes:

Because it was… 2-3am?

2 Likes