A Few Mistakes in Intro to HTML/CSS Curriculum Debugging Challenges

My students and I are working through the “Intro to HTML/CSS” curriculum and have encountered a few problems. Overall the curriculum is a lot of fun and we have been able to find workaround solutions for everything, but I thought it would be helpful to bring them to your attention.

In the “Silver” Debugging Challenge, the code doesn’t have any bugs in it. The solution in the teacher version of the assignment identifies 9 bugs that should exist in the code.

In the “Gold” Debugging challenge, the image in the instructions.md file shows the solution for the “Silver” challenge and not the “Gold” challenge.

1 Like

After a quick look, I found 3 bugs. Line 15 with different opening and closing tags for the header. Line 19/24 with different opening and closing tags for the list. And Line 26 with no closing tag for the paragraph.

And there may be more but I did not look that carfuly.

2 Likes

Thanks for looking into this Ethan. Those errors were not present on the version I imported for my students. I wonder if the issue was resolved between the time I imported the project and posted this? I’ll try re-importing the project into my team and reassign it to my students.

1 Like

Great catch! the brilliant @DavidAtReplit just updated the curriculum. let us know if you’re still catching any errors!

1 Like

I also saw that in the curriculum overview the author mentioned a final project where students create a webpage to display their projects like a simple portfolio, but this is not included in the curriculum. Are there any resources related to this?

Hi @DavidAtReplit, thanks for updating the curriculum! Following up on my earlier comment with a bit more info, the Web Design Course describes a “web designer - team task” at the end of the unit that is not included in the shared curriculum from the hub. Is this available anywhere else? Thanks!

I found it! The slide deck linked in the Web Design Course doc above has a link to this slide deck which has the project showcase and team task on it. I am noticing that I find this slide deck linked in some areas of the curriculum, and this version of the slide deck linked in others.

1 Like

@dvGlantz great spot - I’ll identify which is the canonical version and sort that out in my next pass at the course.

2 Likes